Schools are included on the list if:
1) the passing rate on a subject area test of the state assessment is less than or equal to 50% in any two of the three years: 2011, 2012, or 2013. The subjects and assessments vary by year:
a) 2011: any reading/English language arts, writing, mathematics, science, or social studies test on the Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS), summed across the grades tested at the school
b) 2012: any reading/English language arts or mathematics test on the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) at the TAKS-equivalency standard in grades 3-8, or any reading/English language arts or mathematics test on the TAKS in grades 10 and 11, summed across the grades tested at the school
c) 2013: any reading/English language arts, writing, mathematics, science, or social studies test on the STAAR (including End of Course assessments), and TAKS (grade 11), summed across the grades tested at the school.
[This analysis is based on all students tested; performance by student groups was not examined.]
2) the school was rated Academically Unacceptable in 2011 or Improvement Required in 2013.
[No state accountability ratings were issued in school year 2011-2012.]
? The following schools are excluded from PEG identification:
• Alternative education campuses that are rated under alternative education accountability procedures/provisions;
• Campuses identified as alternative instructional campus types;
• Disciplinary Alternative Education Programs (DAEPs);
• Juvenile Justice Alternative Education Programs (JJAEPs);
• Charter schools;
• Schools with no students tested or fewer than five students tested on TAKS/STAAR in all three years examined.
? The STAAR/TAKS results are based on accountability subset rules.
? The 2012 STAAR results for grades 3-8 are based on the TAKS-equivalency standard, developed using the Bridge Study for Adequate Yearly Progress. The study is posted online at http://www.tea.state.tx.us/student.assessment/reports.
? For school years 2010-11 and 2012-13, the results for each year use the grades, subjects, and tests evaluated for state accountability that year. In 2012, the STAAR indicator includes the performance on STAAR Modified and STAAR Alternate for grades 3-8 reading/English language arts and mathematics. The TAKS indicator includes the performance on TAKS-Modified (TAKS-M) grades 10 and 11 reading/English language arts and mathematics.
**Source -- Texas Education Agency